Practice Nursing Program
One third of General Practices’ in South Western Sydney employ a practice nurse. South Western Sydney PHN recognises the important contribution nurses provide to their colleagues and the health outcomes of the community. Our practice nursing program is specifically designed to support nurses working in general practice.
SWSPHN can provide support for your Practice through:
- Promotion of Continuing Professional Development
- Education and Training events
- Orientation and mentoring
- Telephone Support
- In-House visits and education in a variety of areas such as: chronic disease management, care planning, health assessments, cycles of care, wound management and immunisation.
New to General Practice Nursing Program 2019
SWSPHN recognises nurses are transitioning into general practice from other healthcare sectors and are increasingly entering this workforce as new graduates. There is a need for a targeted program for newly registered nurses that provides them with structured support and education within the clinical setting.
This year, SWSPHN is piloting The New to General Practice Nursing Program. The program offers support to new graduates, returning or transitioning nurses who are working within south western Sydney PHN local government areas.
The 12 month program provides self-directed online access to education resources and in-house support and mentoring by the dedicated Clinical Support team here at SWSPHN.
- New to General Practice Nursing Program - Fact Sheet
- New to General Practice Nursing Program - Orientation Booklet
- New to General Practice Nursing Program - Checklist
Stay up-to-date with key information and events
We invite Practice Nurses working in the South Western Sydney area to join the SWSPHN Practice Nurse email distribution list.
Receive information regarding upcoming education events, and Practice Nurse information updates and reviews.