Partners in Recovery
Assisting people with a severe and persistent mental illness to unlock the NDIS
About Partners in Recovery
Partners in Recovery South Western Sydney (PIRSWS) is an Australian Government initiative to better support people with severe and persistent mental illness, their carers and families. PIRSWS ensures services and programs from multiple sectors work in a more collaborative, coordinated and integrated way to better support those with complex needs.
PIRSWS seeks to support those who:
- Live in the South Western Sydney Region
- Are Australian citizens or permanent residents (or NZ citizens with a special category protected Visas)
- Are under 65 years of age
- Experience severe and persistent mental illness
- Experience mental health conditions that stop them from leading an ordinary life and significantly impact cognitive functioning
- Require assistance applying for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Transitioning to the NDIS
PIRSWS is supporting clients to transition to the NDIS.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way to support people who live with a permanent and significant disability, their carers and families. It gives certainty that people will receive the support they need over their lifetime.
The NDIS gives individuals more choice and control about the services and supports they use. PIRSWS makes it easy to find out if a person is eligible to apply and if so, can help through the application process.
The options are endless...
A plan will include what’s important to an individual, anything they would like to change and new things they would like to try. If the NDIS application is approved, PIRSWS can provide a whole range of services under the scheme. This includes,
- Assistance with planning and decision making and household tasks.
- Assistance to build capacity to live independently and achieve their goals, such as building social relationships, as well as financial management and tenancy management skills.
- Supports to engage in community activities such as recreation, education, training and employment.
If you are a carer or a family member
PIRSWS recognises the importance carers have in the wellbeing of their loved ones and the enormous demands that this can sometimes place upon them.
NDIS packages can be a life-changing resource for a person with a mental health condition, their carers and families.
PIRSWS workers are committed to educating carers about the NDIS and how they can support their loved ones in making informed decisions and finding the support they need.
How to refer or for further information ...
1300 747 797