The ultimate vision is for an interoperable health IT ecosystem that strives to deliver better care to communities, lowering healthcare costs and lead us to value-based care.
Successive phases of the project are being planned after the initial Project iRAD proof of concept:
- iRAD expansion within South Western Sydney through addition of more General Practice locations
- iRAD expansion to more geographical regions supporting coordinated patient care
- Connections to additional clinical software
- An iterative delivery towards a fully integrated interoperable solution allowing General Practice, local hospitals, specialists, allied health and other healthcare providers in the region to access relevant information at the time of healthcare delivery
- A common standard for data sharing and streaming all vital patient information from multiple sources into a single stream of truth
- Supports value-based care models in supporting the achievement of quality standards.
- Linking advanced analytics, risk scores and population health efforts to support disease management.