16 Days of Activism - From Awareness to Accountability (professional development webinars)
12th November 2020
South Western Sydney Local Health District will host a series of professional development webinars that will unpack some need-to-know information for building knowledge, skill and application to respond to violence, abuse and neglect.
- When do the webinars commence?
- What are the key webinar benefits?
- Who is the target audience?
- Learn more about the webinars
These webinars commence on White Ribbon Day, 20 November, followed by the 16 days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence, 25 November to 10 December.
For this year’s 16 days, UN Women is calling for communities to UNiTE and move beyond awareness to tangible action weaving women’s rights and gender equality into our everyday behaviour, practice and communities.
- You can choose and register a single or multiple sessions of interest
- Accessible online – registered participants will receive a link via email one week prior to the event
- Short and sharp one-hour Breakfast bite or Lunchtime bite timeslots to maximum your time and learning
- Ask questions to a subject matter expert during the 15-minute moderated Q&A at the end of each session
- Gain new insights and practice resources that you can use to enhance your work
- Build capacity and understanding across the sector in South Western Sydney
Practitioners and managers working in community, government, education, police and justice sector with responsibility for: family and domestic violence; men’s behaviour change programs, women’s services, child protection; violence prevention, mental health, drug and alcohol and health professionals are encouraged to attend.