SWSPHN Webinar - Managing the unmanageable: diabetic foot disease in the primary care setting
This presentation will discuss the prevalence of diabetes and related conditions and the burden placed on our healthcare system using validated data and the use of case studies to showcase how best practice guidelines for these conditions can be applied.
Standardising diabetes related foot care practice in risk screening, assessment, implementation of targeted preventative care strategies and instigation of timely referrals to specialist services when required.
• Assess people with diabetes and stratify their risk of developing foot complications.
• Describe best practice recommendations relevant to general practice.
• Assess awareness and knowledge of the referral criteria and process to an MDT/HRFS within SWSLHD.
• Develop system changes within the practice to improve safety of patients to safeguard high-risk/at risk feet.
• Develop improvements in current patient management in the light of new developments in these areas.
Dr Mehtab (Tabby) Ahmad
Staff Specialist Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, SWSLHD
Podiatry High Risk Foot Service Manager, Bankstown Hospital, SWSLHD
Approved for 3 CPD Activity points