SWSPHN Webinar - More Cleaner Air and the Right Mask for the Right Occasion
Take home messages:
• Current state i.e. RO number and when case numbers in 11 LGAs will intersect with the rest of Sydney – yes it will happen.
• What we have learnt about ventilation and potential for use of portable room air cleaners.
• Correct wearing of P2 respirator mask.
• Review of use of PPE for seeing patients with extended PPE use and what is the minimum we can wear.
• Avoiding use of the waiting room during an outbreak – options that encourage patients to come safely.
• Reviewing cleaning so it is targeted and not overdone.
• Why it’s less than ideal but to vaccinate during an outbreak – no other option.
Microbiologist and Infection Prevention & Control Consultant/Educator