SWSPHN Webinar - Supporting Mental Health & Well-Being in Your Practice
Learn how to better manage mental health during COVID-19. The discussion will include how to promote the well-being of your staff and build the capacity of your practice to help patients with their mental health concerns.
Take home messages:
• Mental health stresses due to COVID-19.
• How to promote mental well-being and self-care for Practice Staff.
• How to communicate with patients with mental illness:
- How common is mental illness in primary care?
- How do you detect mental illness? Screening question to ask.
- Destigmatising mental illness.
- Cultural changes in the practice to ensure the practice is welcoming and effective in helping patients with mental health issues.
• How to effectively manage mental illness in primary care
- Mental Health Care Plans, Better Access Initiative and involuntary admissions to hospital for mental health patients.
• What services are available in the South West Sydney region for mental health patients?