GP Diabetes Advisory & Support Line
Diabetes advice and specialist support for GPs
The GP Diabetes Advisory & Support Line provides clinical advice and specialist support to assist GPs in the management of adults (16+) with type 2 diabetes.
It is available to general practitioners working in South Western Sydney. The service is jointly funded by South Western Sydney Primary Health Network and South Western Sydney Local Health District.
- Direct access to local endocrinologists
- All enquiries welcome from simple to complex cases
- Advice on diabetes management and clinical issues
- Advice on diabetes support services and referral pathways*
Understanding the complex nature of patients and the demand on general practice, this service aims to provide prompt advice when management issues arise. An endocrinologist or advanced trainee will provide the telephone service and can advise on clinical issues and referral pathways to relevant services. The advisory and support line takes calls regarding specific patients at the time of the consultation, as well as calls about general diabetes issues outside of consultations.
How to access the GP Diabetes Advisory & Support Line
GPs can call the phone number for their LGA:
0477 727 375
Liverpool and Fairfield
0477 378 783
Camden, Campbelltown, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee
0477 749 504
GPs can leave a message if the phone is unable to be answered due to staff member being with a patient.
- Integrated Diabetes Care Case Conference Referral Form
- GP Advisory Line Factsheet
- Download the flyer
- Management of type 2 diabetes: A handbook for general practice