COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Residential Aged Care Facilities
It is a priority for the Department of Health to deliver choice and flexibility in accessing COVID-19 vaccinations for aged care staff as quickly as possible in the safest way.
Residential aged care workers will be able to access a COVID-19 vaccination through:
- GP clinics through the online Vaccine Information and Location Service or directly through a participating GP clinic. Bookings can be made now subject to availability.
- Pop-up hubs for residential aged care staff and disability workers. Workers under 50 years can book appointments for a COVID-19 Pfizer vaccination at the Sonic HealthCare Pfizer clinic in Campbelltown. The clinic will open on Monday, 10 May from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week. Download the guide on how to book appointments for these clinics. Call Sonic on 1300 379 878.
- In-reach vaccination clinics at some residential aged care facilities. Your residential aged care facility will be able to let you know if an in-reach clinic is planned. Learn more about the in-reach vaccination clinics.
Read the factsheet for residential aged care staff for information on when and how you can access COVID-19 vaccination.
COVID-19 vaccine aged care readiness toolkit
Visit the Department of Health website for information to assist residential aged care providers prepare for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
The Department of Health fact sheets for residential aged care providers and workers:
- COVID-19 vaccination – How to access a COVID-19 vaccination (March 29 update)
- COVID-19 vaccination – Clinical governance requirements for COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent guidance material for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent process flowchart for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Planning checklist for vaccination day in residential aged care facilities
- COVID-19 vaccination – Site readiness checklist for COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent form for COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccination decision guide for frail older people, including those in residential aged care facilities
- COVID-19 vaccination information in multiple languages - for residential aged care staff, residents and families
- Department of Health - Advice for the Health & Aged Care Sector
- Sonic Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination clinics for residential aged care and disability workers aged under 50
Updated screening advice for healthcare facilities, residential disability and aged care facilities and home care services (May 2021)
The screening advice for healthcare facilities, residential aged and disability care facilities, and home care services has been updated on the following Department of Health web pages:
- Healthcare facilities
- Residential aged care facilities
- Residential disability care facilities
- Home care service providers facilities
Aged care - information for residential facility staff & health providers
- NSW Clinical Excellence Commission -Infection Prevention & Control - in RACFS - November 2020
- Dementia Australia - Dementia Help Sheets for COVID-19 - tips for carers, RACFs, people living with dementia and family
- RACGP -Dr Ken McCroary’s article in NewsGP - GPs must help aged care prepare for the coronaviru