COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Residential Aged Care Facilities
Phase 1a of the COVID-19 national vaccine rollout priority groups will begin from Monday, 22 February 2021. This includes aged care and disability care staff and aged care and disability care residents.
Thousands of aged care residents throughout Australia will have access to vaccines through their facilities in Phase 1a. 240 facilities in more than 190 towns and suburbs in rural and urban areas, spanning every state and territory, will administer vaccines for this priority group.
COVID-19 vaccine aged care readiness toolkit
Visit the Department of Health website for information to assist residential aged care providers prepare for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
The Department of Health have also provided the following fact sheets for residential aged care providers and workers:
- COVID-19 vaccination – Clinical governance requirements for COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent guidance material for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent process flowchart for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Planning checklist for vaccination day in residential aged care facilities
- COVID-19 vaccination – Site readiness checklist for COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent form for COVID-19 vaccination