COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Information & Support
Find up-to-date information about coronavirus (COVID-19) on this website using the links and resources below.
- How to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccination rollout for South Western Sydney
- COVID-19 Testing locations in South Western Sydney
- The importance of keeping your GP appointments during COVID-19
- Close and Casual contacts explained
- COVID-19 mental health resources
- COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19 Mental Health Support
- COVID-19 information in multiples languages
- COVID-19 Information for older people & carers
- COVID-19 Information helplines
- COVID-19 Information for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
Do you need financial help because of COVID-19?
You may be able to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if you can’t work due to a restricted movement order or lockdown.
You may be able to get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment if you can’t work and either:
- a state or territory health official has told you to isolate or quarantine because you’re a close contact of a confirmed case or have COVID-19
- you are caring for someone with COVID-19.
You may also be eligible for longer term financial help. Use the Services Australia Payment and Service Finder to see what you can get.
Go to servicesaustralia.gov.au/covid19 to check if you can get a payment.
Complete the Service NSW Assistance Finder and take a 2-minute questionnaire to get a list of benefits and services in health and wellbeing, employment, skills and training, food, housing and finances, tailored specifically for you or your business.
Get the facts and find out more about COVID-19 with the healthdirect 'Frequently Asked Questions' (FAQs) such as:
- COVID-19 Symptom checker - healthdirect website
- Do I need to isolate msyelf? - healthdirect website
- What is 'social distancing and non-essential travel'? - healthdirect website
- How do I avoid becoming infected? - healthdirect website
- Seeing a doctor and getting tested FAQs - healthdirect website
- What is telehealth? Can I use teleheath to talk to a GP? - healthdirect website
- Can I go to my regular health clinic or hospital appointment? - healthdirect website
- COVID-19 mythbuster - World Health Organisation website
Important facts and frequently asked questions (FAQs) about COVID-19 are available in multiple languages.
This includes English, Chinese – Simplified and Traditional – Arabic, Bahasa, Farsi, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese.
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this Australian Government Department of Health phone line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus.
The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Ph: 1800 020 080
Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns.
The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Ph: 1800 022 222