Bushfire Support Resources
The devastating bushfires across NSW and Australia have had an enormous impact on many communities in our region, primarily in the Wollondilly and Wingecarribee shires.
We have put together some useful resources for individuals and communities in South Western Sydney in need of support.
Access mental health support
- Mental and Emotional Support for people affected by bushfires - information for residents of Wollondilly & Wingecarribee shires
- Recovery Point has local mental health services available for people in South Western Sydney, mental health information and resources
- Head to Health provides links to trusted mental health support online and by phone, resources and treatment options for individuals or someone they care about
- NewAccess - free mental health coaching and support for anyone feeling stressed, anxious or overwhelmed (no GP referral needed)
Protect yourself from smoke
- Advice on protecting yourself from bushfire smoke
- National Asthma Council resources to instruct patients on the correct use of inhalers and spacers.
Watch National Asthma Council 'How-to' videos
Other important information
Bushfire Recovery Assistance - A range of assistance measures are available
Law Council of Australia - Resources for assistance
Applying for Rural Assistance Authority disaster recovery grants (available in Wollondilly & Wingecarribee shires)
Need help now?
If emergency help is required, call 000.
Call the following numbers for free, confidential support 24/7 from trained specialist counsellors.