Antenatal Shared Care Program
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) defines ANSC as:
“The sharing of care of the pregnant woman by a Shared Care Provider (in most cases a GP or midwife...) with a specialist obstetrician, GP obstetrician or hospital-based obstetric unit, each acting independently but in co-operation".
Shared maternity care represents an opportunity to practise collaborative holistic obstetric care by combining the varied skills of Midwife, General Practitioner and Obstetrician to the benefit of the community, and mutual understanding between colleagues.
- The goal of the Antenatal Shared Care (ANSC) Program is to provide a high and uniform standard of care to pregnant women throughout South Western Sydney
- Antenatal Shared Care (ANSC) is an option offered to all women who are assessed as suitable for the program. Care is provided collaboratively by the general practitioner (GP) and the hospital-based service.
The ANSC Program aims to:
- The ANSC Program is a collaborative program involving the SWSPHN and the SWSLHD.Provide pregnant women with flexibility, choice and continuity of care
- Cater for the preferences and needs of women from culturally and diverse backgrounds
- Enhance the skills of GPs caring for women during pregnancy
- Promote communication between GPs and the participating hospitals (Bankstown, Liverpool, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield and Bowral).
How do I register for the ANSC Program with the South Western Sydney Area?
The ANSC Program is a collaborative program involving the SWSPHN and the SWSLHD.
For any enquiries regarding the ANSC program please contact Ben Neville 4632 3000 or email: Ben.Neville@swsphn.com.au
Detailed information on Antenatal Care in South Western Sydney can be found on the local HealthPathways.
GP Liaison Midwife
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm
Phone: 0402 792 820 or 0484 627 228
Antenatal (yellow) cards:
Call Toll Stream Solutions on 1300 786 075 for antenatal yellow cards (NH612060). There is a minimum order of 250 cards, they are free but incur a postage and handling cost (approximately: 1-5kg= $16.50; 5-15kg=$33; 15-20kg=$35).
Safer Baby Bundle resources:
Call Toll Stream Solutions on 1300 786 075. Quote the relevant item numbers (see below). Resources are also available to download from the Stillbirth Centre of Research Excellence website.
The following are free while initial stocks last, then they will incur a cost (of approx. $10 per 100) and will always incur a postage and handling cost (approx: 1-5kg= $16.50; 5-15kg=$33; 15-20kg=$35):
- Safer Baby Bundle flyer (NH700603)
- Side Sleeping practice poster (NH700547)
- Movements Matter ('Your baby's movements matter') patient flyer(NH700589) and practice poster (NH700588) - translated versions of this patient flyer are available on the StillBirth website
- Smoking cessation ('Quit Smoking for baby') patient flyer (NH700590)
- Fetal Growth Restriction ('Your Baby's Growth Matters') patient flyer (NH700647) and A3 poster (NH700648)
The following costs $8.37 per 100 (plus GST) and also incurs a postage and handling cost (approximately: 1-5kg= $16.50; 5-15kg=$33; 15-20kg=$35):
- Side Sleeping patient flyer (NH700546)
Quarterly newsletter (SWSPHN Baby Monitor)
- August 2021 Edition
- June 2021 Edition
- April 2021 Edition
- February 2021 Edition
- November 2020 Edition
- September 2020 Edition
- July 2020 Edition
- March 2020 Edition
- List of suburbs accepted by each hospital antenatal clinic (updated 09/7/21)
- COVID-19 GP ANSC Guidelines (released 2/9/21)
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy - link to decision guide
- ANSC Guidelines 2020 (Oct 2020)
- ANSC Quick Guide (released June 2019)
- Clinical Guidelines for the management of substance use during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period
- Diabetes Contraception & Pre-pregnancy (DCAPP) Program
- Having a baby - resource is for all women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- Influenza Vaccination in Pregnancy - information brochure for pregnant women
- NSW MotherSafe Page - free comprehensive counselling service for women and their healthcare providers concerned about exposures during prengancy and breastfeeding
- AusCDEP - free diabetes online learning modules (including pre-conception care)
- Pregnancy and Food Safety
- RANZCOG Indigenous Women’s Health Website
- SWSLHD GDM Policy