After Hours Healthcare
Do you or your family know where to access medical care when your doctor is closed?
If you live in South Western Sydney, you can access After Hours services.
The After Hours GP service is non-emergency medical care available when your regular GP (doctor) is closed, such as late at night or on weekends.
After hours periods are:
- before 8am or after 6pm on weekdays
- before 8am or after 12pm (noon) on Saturdays, and
- all day on Sundays and public holidays
For more information about After Hours services, watch the After Hours Services in SWS video.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The below services do not replace your GP or the ambulance service. If you are experiencing chest pain, difficulty breathing or uncontrolled bleeding call 000 without delay.
If you are not sure, you can call the After Hours GP helpline on 1800 022 222.
The Southern Highlands GP After Hours Service
Face-to-face clinic location: 21 St Jude St, Bowral
Phone: (02) 4861 6433
Area(s): Southern Highlands
Face to face clinic times:
- Saturday: 3pm - 5pm
- Sunday & Public Holidays: 9am - 12pm & 3pm - 5pm
Telephone answering service:
- Monday to Friday: 5:30pm - 8am
- Saturday: 12pm - 8am
- Sunday & Public Holidays: 8am - 8am
Bulk billing is available. No appointments necessary.
Sydney Medical Service & After Hours GP Home Visiting service
Phone: 1300 HOME GP (1300 466 347)
Area(s): Camden, Wollondilly, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Fairfield, Bankstown LGAs
- Monday to Friday: 6pm - 11pm
- Saturdays: 12pm - 11pm
- Sundays & Public holidays: 10am - 11pm
Bulk billing service.
My Emergency Doctor
Phone: 1800 001 033 or via smart device app
Area(s): Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly LGAs
My Emergency Doctor is a telemedicine service connecting Australians with a team of emergency doctors via the phone or an app video call.
- Monday to Thursday: 6pm to 8am
- Friday 6pm to Saturday 8am
- From 12pm Saturday to 8am Sunday
- All-day Sunday and public holidays
Phone: 1800 022 222
- 24 hour online health advice/information, speak to a Registered Nurse, Service locator; find a GP, Pharmacy etc. close to you.
Visit: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/, resources available in various languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Vietnamese.
Interpreter service available call TIS National 131 450.
Hearing or Speech Impairment call National Relay Service 1800 555 677 to be transferred.
Watch the After Hours GP services video below for more information:
If you live in South Western Sydney region and you are sick/injured or need non-emergency medical care you should:
- Contact your regular GP
- Check if your regular GP is open or has After Hours arrangements in place
- Take note of extended work hours your local GP may have during the holidays
You may also wish to use one of the additional available Home GP services listed below.
Please note that areas covered vary and fees may apply.
For general enquiries about After Hours services in South Western Sydney or if you need to find an After Hours GP clinic near you, use the information above or call the After Hours GP helpline on 1800 022 222.