After hours healthcare options for South Western Sydney
There are many after hours healthcare services available to residents of South Western Sydney. If your condition is urgent and can't wait until your regular doctor is open consider the four options provided here, and keep the hospital emergency room for emergencies only.
If you are experiencing a time-critical emergency and/or dealing with unconsciousness, chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrolled bleeding or a major accident, dial 000 immediately.
Healthdirect Service Finder
Healthdirect provides free information and advice from trusted health professionals 24/7.
- After Hours GP helpline 1800 022 222
- Healthdirect Symptom Checker
- Find a health service (e.g. GP, pharmacy, dentist)
My Emergency Doctor
Residents of South Western Sydney can use My Emergency Doctor, after-hours*, at no cost. Connect with an emergency specialist to assist you at times when your regular GP is closed, you cannot find another GP open and you are not sure if you need to go to the emergency department.
- Make rapid and accurate assessments via phone and video calls
- Provide prescriptions, specialist referrals and x-ray requests
- Help you avoid spending hours waiting in the emergency department
*After Hours is defined as:
- Weekdays – before 8am and after 6pm
- Saturdays – before 8am after 12pm
- Sundays and public holidays – all day
Calls received outside of these times are subject to charges.
Visit the My Emergency Doctor website to connect online. Alternatively call 1800 001 003 to speak to a doctor.
Southern Highlands GP After Hours Service
Residents and visitors of the Southern Highlands may access the Southern Highlands GP After Hours Service.
Southern Highlands GP After Hours Service provides a free telephone service on weeknights, weekends and public holidays, and a GP After Hours Clinic in Bowral on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Visit their website www.shgpahs.com.au for details or call 48 616 433.
Sydney Medical Service Co-op - after hours GP home visiting service
Sydney Medical Service Co-op is available to residents of Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Liverpool and Wollondilly local government areas. Bulk billing is available to all patients.
Sydney Medical Service Co-op offer home visits for treatment of illnesses requiring attention when your doctor is closed such as urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis, migraine and acute headache, earache, fever and, for our elderly, ailments such as falls, acute delirium, cellulitis or respiratory tract infections.
- Weeknights: 6pm - 8am
- Saturdays: from 12pm
- Sundays & Public holidays: 24 hours
Visit their website for details or call 1300 HOME GP (1300 466 347)
Other after hours healthcare options
- Doctor Doctor 13 26 60*
- National Home Doctor Service 13 SICK (13 74 25)*
- Pharmacist - Your local pharmacist can also advise on many non-serious conditions.
* Areas covered vary and fees may apply.