HealthPathways is an online health information portal for health professionals that provides information regarding assessment, management and referral to local public and private services.
HealthPathways is also a vehicle in bringing health professionals from the primary and secondary care sectors together to discuss how to better coordinate patient care and remove barriers to care in South Western Sydney.
HealthPathways South Western Sydney is a joint project between the South Western Sydney Local Health District and the South Western Sydney PHN. The site is free to use for health professionals practicing in South Western Sydney.
The benefits for general practice teams include:
- Greater support to provide care for patients in the community who do not need a referral to a specialist service
- Greater clarity regarding referral processes to specialist services and the diagnostics required prior to referral
- The development of a practice software template library
- Greater support regarding clinical treatment and referral decisions
Health professionals wishing to be involved in HealthPathways can do so in a variety of ways:
- Attend workgroups to be part of the conversation of how to improve care coordination and the patient experience of medical care in South Western Sydney
- Be a pathway consultant for newly localised pathways to ensure they provide high quality, locally relevant information
- Suggest pathway areas to be developed in the future
The HealthPathways Project Site provides further information regarding HealthPathways, upcoming CPD and Workgroup events, summaries of previous workgroups, and ways to be involved in the HealthPathways program.
You can also find out more about HealthPathways by accessing the live site, speaking about HealthPathways with your Practice Support Officer, or request a practice visit from the GP Clinical Lead, Dr Chee Khoo, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.