HealthPathways is an online clinical and referral information portal used by clinicians at the point of care. HealthPathways provides GPs access to management and treatment options on a range of clinical presentations and information about local clinical services and their referral processes.
The site uses a scalable format allowing users to customise the level of detail displayed, providing a quick access during consultations or more detailed information to be viewed at a later time.
Links to reputable patient information (including translated patient information where available) and clinical resources are also provided in most clinical pathways.
HealthPathways now has 425 localised pathways that cover a range of clinical and psychosocial presentations and relevant local health services for referral. New updates in August include:
- Hypertension: this new pathway includes the new reference ranges for blood pressure classification which were released by the American College of Cardiology in late 2017 which may impact upon your clinical assessment and treatment recommendations.
- SWSPHN Mental Health Programs: this pathway has been updated to include details of the new Connect for Wellness service.
- My Health Record: An updated page with all of the most up to date information regarding the My Health Record program and how to use this in general practice.
- Cancer Care Support Services: Completely reviewed and now includes more information regarding the allied health services provided by SWSLHD Cancer Services.
- Other pathways that have been updated include Hand Hygeine and the Practical Prescribing Guide
Click here to download the August program status report.
Health Resource Directory.org.au Update
Health Resource Directory has gone live with a range of new factsheets in August and it is expected that 18 new translated factsheets and over 40 translated audio versions will be live in the next two months. The number of health topics and health service informations on the site now exceeds 130 pages and continues to expand alongside HealthPathways.
The latest factsheets to beomce available include:
- Epilepsy in pregnancy
- Asthma in pregnancy
- Cognitive impairment
- Unintended pregnancy
- Managing the final stages
Health professionals wishing to be involved in HealthPathways can do so in a variety of ways:
Attend workgroups to be part of the conversation of how to improve care coordination and the patient experience of medical care in South Western Sydney
Be a pathway consultant for newly localised pathways to ensure they provide high quality, locally relevant information
Suggest pathway areas to be developed in the future
The HealthPathways Project Site provides further information regarding HealthPathways, upcoming CPD and Workgroup events, summaries of previous workgroups, and ways to be involved in the HealthPathways program.
If you wish to find out more, with your Practice Support Officer to request a practice visit from the team or email email@example.com.
HealthPathways South Western Sydney is a joint project between the South Western Sydney Local Health District and the South Western Sydney PHN. The site is free to use for health professionals practicing in South Western Sydney