Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) Program
What is ATAPS?
ATAPS is a referral pathway that allows GPs practising in the region covered by South Western Sydney PHN Ltd (SWSPHN) to refer disadvantaged and hard to reach patients to Allied Mental Health Professionals. Patients must have a diagnosed mental health disorder that will benefit from brief therapy using evidence-based Focused Psychological Strategies.
Who is ATAPS for?
ATAPS provides free services to people who are unable to pay the gap fees payable under the Better Access program (Medicare).
Appropriate people for referral to ATAPS have:
How to refer
All referrals require:
- A completed ATAPS Referral Form pdf. Medical Director and Best Practice Templates available at Forms and Templates under Mental Health
- A Mental Health Treatment Plan pdf. Medical Director and Best Practice Templates available at Forms and Templates under Mental Health
- Client consent to sharing of information with SWSPHN
The SWSPHN Mental Health Treatment Plan template contains the appropriate consent statement for information sharing. GPs choosing to use an alternative template are responsible for gaining their patient’s consent to share information.
For further details see 'GP Information Sheet' in Documents for General Practitioners.
- Patients receive six sessions of focussed psychological strategies in a calendar year.
- If necessary patients may receive a further six sessions with GP approval.
ATAPS Allied Health Providers
South Western Sydney Primary Health Network contracts a limited number of qualified psychologists, mental health nurses and mental health social workers to deliver services to people referred to the ATAPS program. ATAPS services are delivered free of charge to the client.
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Bankstown 2017
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Camden 2017
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Campbelltown
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Liverpool and Fairfield 2017
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Wingecarribee 2017
- ATAPS Allied Health Providers Wollondilly 2017
Documents for General Practitioners
- GP information sheet
- GP Authority for Further Sessions
- Paediatric Symptom Check Template for children under 12 years of age
- SWS Referral Pathway
- Comparison ATAPS, Better Access and Chronic Disease Management (EPC)
Documents for Allied Health Providers
- Allied Health Providers Information Kit
- Client Progress Report 2016
- Final client progress report 2016
- Minimum Data Set Sheet 2016
- Session data sessions 2 - 6 June 2016
- Session data sessions 7 - 12 June 2016
- Session data sessions 13 - 18 June 2016
- Session data sessions 1– 6 June 2016 (for use with clients returning in a following calendar year)
- Funding Allocation Request Form